Sunday 15 March 2009

Kahlan, in loving memory x


















It is with a great sadness and through tears I write this today, on the 4th March our beloved Kahlan lost her fight with Lymphoma and we had to say goodnight to her for the very last time x

It has been so very hard for us all and we all miss her so very, very much. Kahlan was my first and I still remember to this day going to meet her for the very first time. As soon as I saw her I fell for that short tail! She was a scamp then and that never left her, if there was mischief to be had Kahlan would find it and she taught all the Sibies her little tricks, like drinking from the tap and jumping to the top of the kitchen units!

One of her favourite games was playing ball, and Kahlan loved her little teddy bear called Pookey who she would bring from the middle of the bed and place at the bottom of the stairs and then shout until I had taken Pookey back upstairs and the same would happen the next night. When we went away I told my mum about this game and mum took over putting Pookey back to bed at night. I miss playing this game Kahlan, but I will keep Pookey safe for you.

I wanted to share some of the lovely photos of Kahlan that we have, she was so beautiful and had the most cuddly tummy. Thank you for all those lovely years together and for making us all laugh and for all your love.Take care and goodnight my sweet princess Kahlan, we will be together again some day xxx

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jo and Andy, we are all very saddened by your loss. Kahlan was a real sweetie and a gorgeous girl. Dylan sends his love to you all x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss, but you will meet again in your summerlands

    ReplyDelete